|Founder||Vardhamana Jnatiputra or Nataputta Mahavira|
|Symbols||Swastika, Om, Ashtamangala|
|Name of Deities||24 Tirthankara including Lord Mahavir|
|Scriptures||Agams or Agam Sutras|
|World Population Per.||0.05%|
|Origin||7th–5th Century BCE|
|Origination||The Ganges Basin of Eastern India|
|Place of Worship||Jain Temple|
|Holy City||Shravanbela Gola (Rural), Ranakpur, Ayodhya, Pavapuri, Badami|
|Festivals||Diwali, Mahavir Janma Kalyanak, Paryushana, Samvatsari|
|Leadership||Jain Monks, Acharya|
|Languages||Hindi, English, Kannada, Marathi, Marwari, Gujarati|
|Region||India, United States|
Jainism is one of the three ancient religions of india, with a value system that puts nonviolence above all else. its name derives from the word 'Jina', meaning 'Liberator' or 'Victor', referring to spiritual rather than material conquest.
These twenty-four teachers were called Tirthankaras who had attained all knowledge (moksha) while living and preached it to the people. the first tirthankara was rishabnatha.
There are two jain philosophies.
Digamber monks like mahavira don’t wear any clothes, but normally they don’t walk like that outside their temples. The Shvetembers monks wear white clothes and they include women.
1. Ahimsa: Non-injury to a living being.
2. Satya: Do not speak a lie.
3. Asteya: Do not steal.
4. Aparigraha: Do not acquire property.
5. Brahmacharya: Observe continence.
1. Jains believe that non-injury is the highest religion.
2. Karma is the mechanism that determines the quality of life.
3. A soul can only achieve liberation by getting rid of all the karma attached to it.
4. the soul exists forever. each soul is always independent. the soul is responsible for what it does
5. Some soul have achieved liberation from the cycle of samsara or reincarnation and are not reborn. They are called siddhas
6. Nothing in the universe is ever destroyed or created, they simply change from one form to another.
7. Fasting is very common in Jain spirituality.
|Name||Profession / Popular|
|Nataputta Mahavira||Founder of Jainism|
|Gautam Adani||Chairman, Adani Group|
|Motilal Oswal||Co-Founder of Motilal Oswal Financial Services Group|
|S. P. Oswal||Chairman Vardhman Group|
|Rakesh Gangwal||Co-founder of Indigo Airlines|
|Vijay Rupani||Chief Minister of Gujarat|
|Piyush Goyal||Indian Politician|
|Sooraj Barjatya||Indian Film Director|
|Sanjay Leela Bhansali||Indian Film Director|
|Vikram Sarabhai||Father of Indian Space Technology|
|Jain Baby Names||Jain Boy Names|
|Jain Girl Names||Jain Unisex Names|
|Indian Baby Names||Indian Boy Names|
|Indian Girl Names||Indian Unisex Names|
|Hindi Baby Names||Hindi Boy Names|
|Hindi Girl Names||Hindi Unisex Names|
|Gujarati Baby Names||Gujarati Boy Names|
|Marathi Baby Names||Kannada Baby Names|
Religion is the name of self-discovery. Is there some power or some mystery. Religion is a mystery, a sensation, a dialogue and a search for the soul. Whenever we say religion, it sounds like there is something that needs to be known. Religion is to leap into the infinite and the unknown. Religion is knowing birth, death and life.
Religion is a sectarian system of worship and code of conduct, in which man believes in a supernatural ideal and expects his welfare from it.
|Notable Community List|