A community is a social unit (a group of living things) that has similarities such as norms, religion, origin, values, location, customs or identity. communities can share a sense of place located in a given geographic area (such as a country, village, town, or neighborhood) or through communication platforms in a virtual location. in other A community is a social group bound together by geography, profession, religion, lifestyle, circumstances, beliefs or interests. For example, social interaction between neighbors or people living in the same city or village.
Communities are usually small relative to individual social ties, 'community' can also refer to larger group affiliations such as religious communities, national communities, international communities and virtual communities.
At a basic level, a community can be defined as - 'A community is a group of people who share something.'
The English language word 'community' is derived from Old French comuneté (presently 'Communauté'), which comes from Latin communitas 'community', 'public spirit' (from Latin communis, 'common')).
|Popular Communities and Religions|
Several methods of classifying community types have been proposed. One such breakdown is as follows:
1.Location-based Communities - Ranging from local neighborhoods, suburbs, villages, towns or cities, regions, nations or even the entire planet, they are also called communities of that place.
2.Identity-based Communities - ranging from local faction, subculture, ethnic group, religious, multicultural or pluralistic civilization, or today's global community cultures. They can be included in communities of need or identity, such as individuals with disabilities, or vulnerable older people.
3.Organizationally-based Communities - From informally organized communities around family or network-based associations and associations to more formal corporate associations, political decision-making structures, economic enterprises, or professional associations on a small, national or international level.
Classification of community on the basis of the purpose that brings them together.
1. Interest - A community of people sharing a similar interest or passion.
2. Action - A community of people trying to bring about change.
3. Location - Communities of people brought together by geographical boundaries.
4. Practice - a community of people in the same profession or carrying out similar activities.
5. Circumstances - Communities of people brought together by external events/situations.
Communities play an important role in every aspect of our lives. we have communities in our families, in our friends, in our neighborhoods, in our jobs and many other places. we find community in the sports teams we support, or the food we love, even the artists we enjoy. the spirit of community unites us. being part of a community can make us feel like we are part of something greater than ourselves. it can give us the opportunity to connect with people, reach our goals, and make us feel safe and secure.
Being part of a community brings many benefits.
1. Sense of Togetherness - It comes from our care and dependence on our peers. We care about our family members, our relatives, our neighbors and friends. This leads to the need for solidarity among people, which helps to form a community.
2. Togetherness - Finding others with similar values, interests, and views of the world helps us realize that we are not alone and makes us feel valued. Feeling that we are part of something bigger can help give meaning to our lives.
3. Cooperation - The idea of community comes into existence only because people like to cooperate with each other. The spirit of cooperation starts at home and it leads to a strong sense of international brotherhood.
4. Learning- Joining a community of like-minded people means you have an increased chance of meeting someone who is willing to take you under their wing and mentor you.
5. Opportunity - A strong community is a place of opportunity. Big or small, a community can provide countless opportunities for growth and experience.
6. Acceptance - Developing community bonds with others who hold different views can be challenging, but it is also an opportunity to practice acceptance.
7. Division of Work - We share our work and this division of work leads to our dependence on others working in different roles. We have to depend on others apart from our family members in every area of our life. All these individuals come in a community, without whom our life would be very difficult.
8. Safety and Security - A strong community provides an environment of safety and security. You feel safe in your neighborhood. No place is perfect, but you always feel a sense of security when you are part of a community.
9. Sharing - Sharing activities, thoughts and feelings not only strengthens our sense of self, but also adds value and value to the community.
10. Positive Influence - Communities influence us and inspire us to invest in our well-being and make positive changes in our lives.
11. Mental and Physical Health - People meet each other, communicate and share opinions and create new ones that help our health. Community has a great impact on one's mental and physical health.
|Popular Post or Articles|
|Evzones related Hashtags for Social Media|
|(P.S.) Primary School, Kedarnath Khera, Kodara|
|Jglowpurwakarta related Hashtags for Social Media|
|SBIN0010765 IFSC Code with Branch Details|
|List of Marathi Names Starting with Ahs|
|Hasnabad Sashidharpur Primary School, Kapasdanga IV|
|Kryolangreece related Hashtags for Social Media|
|List of Best Schools in Labpur|
|Lakhyan Boro Chirakhundi Lower Primary School|
|IFSC Code of HDFC Bank Bhankrota Branch|